The Arizona Sentinel

October 5, 2009

Judge stands with Americans, looks like we are going to trial folks.

Filed under: My Posts — thearizonasentinel @ 11:52 pm

Obama, you could save the country the embarassment of having to send U.S. Marshalls to the White House to arrest you for fraud.  Maybe you can get a job on Letterman.   Just asking here but where the hell is Fox .

 


WND Exclusive


BORN IN THE USA?

Obama eligibility case survives 1st court test

Judge hears arguments, refuses immediate dismissal demand


Posted: October 05, 2009
4:29 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

 

A federal judge in California today listened to government lawyers argue that a lawsuit over President Obama’s eligibility should be immediately dismissed but refused to grant their request, saying he would make his decision and announce it later.

The result came this morning from U.S. District Judge David Carter, who already has set a tentative trial date for the dispute Jan. 26, 2010.  The judge also already had lawyers draw up a tentative schedule for hearings and deadlines in preparation for the trial.

WND previously reported on plans for the hearing handled by attorneys Orly Taitz and Gary Kreep, each representing separate clients.

The lawsuit was brought by several political candidates and party officials, including former U.S. ambassador Alan Keyes and Wiley Drake and Markham Robinson of the American Independent Party.

  

They are suing Obama alleging he is not eligible to be president under the U.S. Constitution’s requirement for a “natural born” citizen in the Oval Office. Forty-six of the plaintiffs are represented by Taitz, who has worked on a multitude of lawsuits over Obama’s eligibility, and two – Drake and Robinson – are represented by Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation.

See the movie Obama does not want you to see: Own the DVD that probes this unprecedented presidential eligibility mystery!

 

Kreep told WND after the hearing it appeared to him the judge was expecting answers and failed to get them from government attorneys during the hearing.

“He was asking the [Department of Justice] to explain impeachment. If he really was [legitimately president], how would that work.”

Kreep said he argued impeachment wasn’t relevant, since “you have to have a valid, elected president.” He said a court hearing with full disclosure of evidence is required, since the impeachment provision wouldn’t technically apply to someone who never was qualified to be president.

Taitz was contacted by WND but declined to comment on today’s hearing.

But Kreep said he argued that a simple numbers formula also doesn’t apply. Many of the government arguments have noted the candidates who are plaintiffs, such as Keyes, did not have a reasonable mathematical probability of winning the presidential election.

That assertion is not relevant, Kreep said he argued. Had Obama’s ineligibility been publicized before the election, Hillary Clinton likely would have become the nominee, and she might have been vulnerable to other candidates, he said.

Carter’s order that no discovery of evidence will be allowed until his decision was continued today.

Lawyers representing Obama in the case claim “no single federal district court has the power to declare that a sitting president is not fit or qualified to occupy the office, and is, therefore, not a legitimate president.”

The attorneys have argued the election process and Constitution allow only Congress to examine the credentials of a presidential candidate, and in any event, that opportunity is long gone.

They have argued, “Plaintiffs simply are not the proper parties to challenge President Obama’s qualifications or fitness for office and this court is not the proper forum to decide this issue.”

The plaintiffs, however, have argued on behalf of their “real, tangible injuries” from Obama’s placement in the White House. If he is not eligible, “they have been denied a free and fair election.”

They have suggested the simplest resolution is to put Obama, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other government officials under oath and question them about Obama’s birth and birth records.

They also have indicated plans to ask, if given permission by the court, for copies of Hawaiian records regarding Obama’s birth, Washington state records regarding him and his mother, his Harvard Law School records, passport records and a long list of other documents.

According to Sept. 25 court documents the DOJ filed in response to Kreep’s opposition to dismissal, the DOJ states, “The arguments made by these plaintiffs, in large measure, completely ignore the fact that Barack Obama is the president of the United States and seek to treat him as simply a candidate for office. Try as they might, plaintiffs cannot conceal the fact that what they are really seeking in this case is nothing less than a determination by this United States District Court that President Obama should be removed from office. The preposterous nature of this assertion is readily apparent. No single United States District Court has the power to try the question of whether a sitting president of the United States should be allowed to remain in office.”

Kreep has requested immediate access to Obama’s records, such as his original long-form birth certificate and his Occidental College records. The plaintiffs’ suspicion is that those records would undermine the president’s statements that he is a “natural born” citizen, which could disqualify him. For example, an original birth certificate could indicate it was a “delayed” filing, which could open the door for a birth location outside the United States.

Likewise, the Occidental College records could be significant if Obama attended on a program for foreign students or represented himself as a foreign student at the time.

The DOJ also filed a separate response to Taitz’ opposition to dismissal Sept. 25, stating, “Much of the opposition filed by these plaintiffs is a disjointed polemic, completely devoid of citation to any case or statutory authority. Defendants will not waste the court’s time, or that of undersigned counsel by seeking to respond to the many irrelevant statements and references made therein.”

Both Taitz and Kreep have expressed significant differences of opinion in how the case should be handled. Should the lawsuit proceed, it will be the first time the merits of the dispute have been heard in open court.

WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama’s status as a “natural born citizen.” The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, “No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President.”

Some of the lawsuits question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama’s American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama’s citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Complicating the situation is Obama’s decision to spend sums probably exceeding $1 million to avoid releasing an original long-form state birth certificate that would put to rest the questions.

WND also has reported that among the documentation not yet available for Obama includes his kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and his adoption records.

Because of the dearth of information about Obama’s eligibility, WND founder Joseph Farah has launched a campaign to raise contributions to post billboards asking a simple question: “Where’s the birth certificate?”


“Where’s The Birth Certificate?” billboard at the Mandalay Bay resort on the Las Vegas Strip

 

Humpty DumpyObama takes a great fall from grace.

Filed under: My Posts — thearizonasentinel @ 11:20 pm
Subject: Mmm, mmm, mmm: Humpty Dumpty takes a great fall

It appears not everyone wants near the Chicago Mafia, thugs and commies [that surround obama] …and the world let Chicago and obama know it.  It’s time they did.  No amount of ego trips and speeches has made this obama as popular and influential as he and his handlers think he is.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15366

 

Barack Obama, Failed Chicago Olympic Bid

Mmm, mmm, mmm: Humpty Dumpty takes a great fall

   

 

 

 

 By Judi McLeod  Friday, October 2, 2009 The image of President Barack Obama as King of the World folded like the proverbial house of cards today.

And when it folded, it folded on the well-lighted world stage.

Obama took a big fall and not even Michelle, Valerie or Oprah can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

After spending an estimated $2.5 million—just for both Obamas to get to Copenhagen and back—the Chicago Olympic bid was declined in the first round.

Kudos to the International Olympic Committeehttp://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15366# for proving before a watching world that the winner was never a done deal; that even raw power cannot put everything in the bag.

Cheers for little people everywhere for it will be Latin America that will host the 2016 Olympic Games.  Olé!

Reported from AFP this morning: “US President Barack Obamahttp://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15366# took a brief respite on Friday from a packed political agenda to visit Copenhagen on a mission to capture the 2016 Olympics for his cherished hometown of Chicago…he is taking somewhat of a political risk in pitting his presidential prestige on the line.”

As radio talk show giant Rush Limbaugh pointed out, Obama gave his presentation to the IOC on his trademark TelePrompter.

It was only yesterday when Michelle Obama stated that her presence and that of her husband’s in Copenhagen was a “sacrifice”.

Real people the world over know that there is not much sacrifice traveling in a jet with girlfriends, Oprah Winfrey and Obama senior adviser Valerie Jarretthttp://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15366# in tow.

But mainstream media CNN crowed that “Michelle steals the show in Copenhagen.”

The best line of all came from Drudge: “The ego has landed”.

The ego landed in front of all on Michelle and Barack’s big sacrifice.

Meanwhile, there will be cheering from freedom loving patriots the world over now that Humpty Dumpty has taken his great fall.

 

Danes Dump Obama (Hooray for the Danes) and Chicago Goes Silent

CHICAGO – Thousands of people stood in bewildered silence in downtown Chicago on Friday after the International Olympic Committee surprised everyone by dumping the city from the race for 2016 Summer Olympicshttp://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15366# in the first round of voting.

The vote in Copenhagen was carried on huge television screens set up in the Daley Center to carry what many had hoped would be approval of Chicago as host. It had seemed so likely to many in a city still basking in the blow of hometown Sen. Barack Obama’s election as president.

Instead, Chicago was bounced in the first round, bringing an audible gasp from the crowd. The elimination came so quickly that some would-be revelers weren’t sure what had happened and they asked bystanders if they had heard what they thought they heard.

Many stood for a few minutes, staring at the screens, and at least one flung his hands into the air in a crude gesture toward the TVs. Within seconds, people began filing out of the plaza.

“I’ve never really had a disappointment like this,” said Ken Rudd, a 33-year-old salesman from Evergreen Park. “This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen.”

Second City winds up 4th in Olympics bid

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Chicago-2016-Summer-Olympic-Games-121st-International-Olympic-Committee/photo//091002/483/31358404185b4a6b8e966f90add74221//s:/ap/20091002/ap_on_sp_ol/oly_chicago2016 AP – A Chicago 2016 supporter reacts during the announcement from the 121st International Olympic Committee …
By DEANNA BELLANDI, Associated Press Writer Deanna Bellandi, Associated Press Writer Fri Oct 2, 1:46 pm ET

CHICAGO – Thousands of people stood in bewildered silence in downtown Chicago on Friday after the International Olympic Committee eliminated the city from the race for the 2016 Summer Olympics in the first round of voting.

The stunning vote in Copenhagen was carried on huge television screens set up in the Daley Center to host what many believed would be a celebration. The choice of Chicago as the host city had seemed so likely to many still basking in the glow of hometown Sen. Barack Obama’s election as president.

Instead, Chicago was bounced in the first round, bringing an audible gasp from the crowd. The elimination came so quickly — more than an hour before the final announcement — that people were still excitedly talking among themselves when IOC President Jacques Rogge announced: “The city of Chicago, having obtained the least number of votes, will not participate in the next round.”

Many weren’t sure what Rogge had said, and turned to each other to ask. Some just stood for a few minutes, staring at the screens, and at least one flung his hands into the air in a crude gesture toward the TVs. Within seconds, people began filing out of the plaza, though many stayed to see Rio de Janeiro ultimately chosen as the winner.

Katie Suitor, a 28-year-old social worker, said she had already signed up to work as a Olympics volunteer.

“I was looking forward to having the world come and see just how great Chicago is,” she said.

Many had looked forward to the jobs and construction projects that would have come with the Olympics.

“I was hoping this would pick up Chicago’s economy, and now I feel pushed even farther from finding a job,” said Vince Monaco, an unemployed 35-year-old in the city.

The IOC decision was a major blow to Mayor Richard M. Daley, who spent three years working, cajoling and insisting that the games would be a boon for his city. The 67-year-old Daley, who has been in office for 20 years, was already grappling with low approval ratings, though it was an open question whether a winning bid would help or hurt those numbers.

The IOC has traditionally partnered with governments where strong leaders like Daley are in control. Bringing an Olympics to Chicago would have been seen as a crowning achievement for the mayor.

“He definitely loses a little face,” said Larry Kajmowicz, a 31-year-old trader and Chicago resident. But, he said. “I don’t see him losing an election due to this.”

The Chicago bid had plenty of homegrown firepower, from Oprah Winfrey right on up to Obama and the first lady, South Side native Michelle Obama. All were in Copenhagen ahead of the vote and the first couple gave presentations to the IOC earlier Friday, though the president left hours before the voting began.

Randy Wood, 49, of San Diego said the IOC clearly wasn’t swayed by Obama’s influence and the early elimination reflects poorly on the president.

“Maybe his clout stopped at the Pacific and the Atlantic,” Wood said.

With Chicago well-known for public corruption and problems with public services, opponents had serious concerns about Olympics-sized hassles and bills, despite assurances by Daley and bid organizers that taxpayers wouldn’t owe a dime.

A recent poll by the Chicago Tribune showed residents almost evenly split, with 47 percent in favor of the bid and 45 percent against — a drop from the 2-1 support the newspaper found in a February poll. The 2016 bid committee said its own poll last week found support from 72 percent of Chicagoans.

On the beachs of Rio, tens of thousands erupted in cheers when they learned their city would host the first Olympics in the South America. Still, news that Chicago had been eliminated was greeted with surprise.

“Wow, we never thought Chicago would get out in the first round,” said 29-year-old Rio resident Leandro Cruz, one of thousands gathered on Copacabana beach. “Everybody thought it would be Chicago and Rio until the very end.”


STOP SPP is a non-partisan group of citizens concerned over …
the creation of the NORTH AMERICAN UNION.
This will dismantle USA as we know it today.
Website: StopNAUStopSPP.org
http://stopnaustopspp.org/

Blog at WordPress.com.

A Lawman Speaks for Liberty

Border and National Security, Private Property rights, Removing Federal agencies from the states,American Energy Policy, Constitutional Conservative